Taiwan International Cooperation and Development Fund (Taiwan ICDF) and its International Education and Training Division have been dedicated to shares Taiwan’s own development experiences with partner countries around the world. The aim is to help our partner countries cultivate and nurture many talented pools of human resources.
To achieve this objective, the Taiwan ICDF provides scholarships for higher education and has developed undergraduate, graduate, and Ph.D. programs in cooperation with renowned 20 partner universities in Taiwan, named Taiwan International Cooperation Alliance (TICA). Awarded students receive scholarships to study in Taiwan. Campus activities are organized in association with TICA institutions which allow overseas students to interact with Taiwanese students and become more engaged in international affairs.
Department of Computer Science & Information Engineering (Dept of CSIE) at National Dong Hwa University (NDHU) officially join the Taiwan International Cooperation Alliance (TICA) since January of 2014.
This is 1-year Chinese Language plus 4-year Computer Science & Information Engineering Program. (5-year scholarship program)
Students who are awarded this scholarship will be offered one (1) year of Chinese language classes in NDHU. Students will be benefited from these classes as increasing the ability to speak and to understand Chinese, and as being capable of passing the language proficiency exam - Test Of Chinese as a Foreign Language (TOCFL) Level-3 , as the requirement of this scholarship, in order to continue the undergraduate study.
The CSIE undergraduate study covers many interesting and challenging topics of Computer Science and Information Engineering as listed below:
1. Big Data & Cloud Computing
2. Wireless & Mobile Computing
3. Parallel & Distributed Processing
4. Computer Networks
5. VLSI Circuit & Embedded Systems
6. Data Knowledge Base Systems
7. Multimedia Systems
8. Software Engineering & System Design
9. Information Security
10. Artificial Intelligence
11. Computer Graphics & Digital Games
13. and much more topics…
Students will receive a “Bachelor of Science” Degree in Computer Science & Information Engineering after completing their studies.
An applicant must:
★Introduction of 2014 Taiwan ICDF Scholarship Awardees in Dept of CSIE, NDHU
Introduction of CSIE
1-Year Chinese Language & 4-Year CSIE Curriculum
Application Submission Deadline
Taiwan ICDF Scholarship Application Deadline： 2015/3/16 (Monday)
NDHU International Student Application Deadline： 2015/3/31 (Tuesday)
Required Documents must be submitted to BOTH Taiwan ICDF & NDHU :
1. NDHU Admission Application Form (Online)
2. Taiwan ICDF Scholarship Application Form (Online)
3. Verification of Nationality
4. Diploma of the High School or equivalent degree(issued or notarized copy of the translation in English)
5. The original official transcript of the High School or equivalent degree (issued or notarized copy of the translation in English)
6. Certificate of Language Proficiency
8. Study Plan
9. Two Letters of Recommendation
10.Financial Statement (official bank letter, for NDHU application)
11. Taiwan ICDF Medical Report (including an HIV test) dated within the the past three months.
Applicants are encouraged to express their interests and experiences of Computer Science and Information Engineering fields.
The Department of CSIE is accepting the following Taiwan ICDF Scholarship Awardees for 2014 Fall Undergraduate Program:
Taiwan ICDF Scholarship Awardees in Department of CSIE, National Dong Hwa University